Breakfast “Burrini!” (Burrito-Panini)
Guys, I think we are on to something here!!
What you need:
- Olive oil (about 2 Tbs)
- Green onions (I use three)
- Frozen hash browns (half bag - diced potatoes with green and red peppers)
- Cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
- Jalapeño (I use one whole jalapeño - but use whatever you want)
- Fresh rosemary (half sprig -- chopped)
- Eggs (cage free, organic - I used 4 eggs, whisked)
- Tortillas (I used Tortilla Land, Fresh, uncooked tortillas - flour)
- Goat cheese
- Sour cream and salsa
DIRECTIONS: Heat up the olive oil in large skillet. Add diced green onion. Stir in the frozen hash browns. Flavor with salt, pepper and garlic salt. Add cherry tomatoes, diced jalapeño and rosemary. After hash browns are done, push them to one side of the skillet. Add the eggs to the other side of skillet, and scramble. After eggs are cooked, mix together with the hash browns. Heat your tortilla on both sides, and add a spoonful of goat cheese down the center of tortilla. Add a few scoops of the hash brown/egg mixture down the center of tortilla (don't overfill it!) Add a few slices of avocado. Wrap the tortilla, tucking in all of the sides - so it looks like a tightly wrapped burrito. Brush a little olive oil on both sides of the burrito. Place in panini press (open side up) for 2-3 mins. Serve hot, with sour cream and salsa on the side! ENJOY!!!