Taco Rolls | For the Sophisticated Snacker.
I saw a version of this recipe online and I was like, yes, I need this in my life. But then I actually tested the recipe. And not only am I convinced I need it in my life, but it will now be a staple appetizer for every birthday party, tailgate, movie night, etc FOREVER. They are SO CRAZY EASY to make, and when you eat them straight out of the oven, they will literally make you smile...and maybe even dance!
See how it's made (and eaten) in 45 seconds!
Here's what you need...
1. 1 lb lean ground beef
2. Taco seasoning - one packet (I used El Paso seasoning.)
3. Shredded cheese (Mexican blend)
4. Refrigerated pizza crust (I used Pillsbury.)
Here's how you make it...
1. First, cook the ground beef in a skillet and follow the instructions on the back of the taco seasoning packet. (Remember to remove excess liquid.) Then set the meat mixture aside to let it cool off.
2. Unfold the refrigerated dough onto a non-stick surface and use your hands to pat it into a rectangle.
3. Spoon the beef onto the pizza dough. (Don't overload the pizza! It will be too hard to roll!)
4. Sprinkle on the cheese.
5. Roll your "pizza" into a log. (Your rolling should start on the long side of the rectangle.)
6. Using a serrated knife, slice 1.5in rolls, and place them on a non-stick cookie sheet.
7. Bake the rolls at 400 degrees for 10-12 mins.
8. Remove from oven, and add your toppings. I added light sour cream, avocado, cherry tomatoes, and salsa. Eat these right out of the oven while they are nice and hot! And then continue that for about five more of these puppies! YUMMMM.