DIY Tile Trays
I'm loving this quick and easy DIY project! It simply transforms any messy countertop into a beautiful and organized work of art! No exaggeration - I promise.
After remodeling our house a few years ago, we had a bunch of left-over tiles. I thought -- Wait a second!! Those would be gorgeous TRAYS! So, I dusted them off, and voila! My messy bathroom countertop -- is now so pretty!
Here's what you need...
- Tile (I used porcelain - it looks just like marble!)
- Heavy duty glue (I used gorilla glue. NOT the kind that you need water for - we don't want the glue expanding!)
- Handles (Make sure the handles have enough flat surface area - so the glue has something to stick to!)
- Heavy duty felt pads
- Measuring tape or ruler
Here's how you make it...
- Clean the surface of your tile.
- Flip the tile over -- and stick on the adhesive felt pads to all four corners.
- Flip the tile right-side-up again.
- Measure and mark where the handles should go. You have to make sure they are even!! This part will take the longest.
- Apply the glue directly to the tile -- Just one dot!! One dot of glue for each end of the handles.
- Allow the handles to FULLY dry for one - two days. Don't even bother testing to see if it's ready. Just wait it out!! You will be happy!!!