Frozen Waffle S'mores
Nothing says "camping" more than S'MORES! While I like the IDEA of camping - it's really not my thing. I hate bugs and snakes -- and I have a VERY active imagination! So, indoor camping is my answer. With that in mind, I made it my mission to put my spin on the traditional s'more!
Here's what you need...
- Frozen Waffles (I used low fat, whole wheat Eggo Waffles)
- Mini marshmallows
- Chocolate Chips
Here's how you make it...
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees -- I used the convection setting so the heat would bake the s'more evenly.
- Place a generous piece of tin foil onto a baking dish. (I used a circular cake pan.)
- Place your frozen waffle on the foil.
- Add a heaping handful of chocolate chips.
- Then add a heaping handful of mini marshmallows!
- Place in oven, UNCOVERED for a few minutes - until the marshmallows are melty and have started to brown.
- Loosely COVER the s'more for the remaining baking time (tent the foil - you don't want it touching the marshmallows!). Total bake time is 8 - 9 minutes.