I love when you can transform the main ingredient (in this case, the pineapple) into the serving dish!! This recipe cannot get any fresher -- and the dash of cumin will really bring out the poppy pineapple flavors! I made this as a side dish at a backyard BBQ. I was dead-set on topping my hotdog with the salsa -- and let me tell you -- it did not disappoint! (Double negative...sorry about that...) IT WAS AWESOME! If no hotdogs are in sight, this also pairs perfectly with Tostitos, black bean chips, or pita!
Here's what you need...
- Red and Orange Bell Peppers (one of each)
- Cucumber (without peel and remove the seeds)
- Green onions (diced - I used about 4 green onions)
- Jalapeno pepper (finely chopped)
- Cherry tomatoes (diced - I used a half container)
- 1/4 cup Black beans (rinsed well)
- Cilantro (finely chopped - One bunch)
- 1 Tbs Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Dash Cumin
Here's how you make it...
- First, lay the pineapple on its side to see what part should be used as the bottom of the bowl. Then, carefully slice off the top of the "bowl" - You will want to cut ABOVE THE pineapple stem so you keep it completely intact and attached to the "bowl!!
- Scoop out the pineapple from inside our new pineapple bowl.
- Chop all ingredients (including the pineapple!) and mix in a separate bowl, along with the olive oil and seasonings.
- Cover BOTH the pineapple bowl and the ingredient bowl and store in refrigerator until ready to serve!
- Fill up the pineapple bowl and serve with chips, pita...or HOTDOGS!! AKA: Hawaiian Hotdogs!!
Here's my LIVE TUTORIAL! I would love if you could pop over to my FB LIVE SESH @AbbieLive -- It's really fun and we can communicate in REAL TIME! Also, if you like my videos and other content, pls SUBSCRIBE to my YouTube Channel here!! xoxo