Pumpkin Fettuccine | Holiday Recipe
I am so excited to share my new, Fall favorite! This pumpkin fettuccine recipe ticks all the boxes for a delicious at-home meal. It's quick and easy and so so yummy! And don't let the pumpkin throw you off!! It's a subtle flavor -- and a healthier twist on a standard alfredo sauce -- which is great for people like me, who happens to be lactose intolerant. :)
Here's what you need...
- 6 Tbsp butter
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/2 pkg of reduced fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesaen cheese
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin puree (I used Libby's)
- dash of nutmeg
- dash of Kosher salt
- 3 Tbsp chicken stock to thin the sauce to your liking
- one box fettuccine noodles
Here's how you make it...
- In a saucepan - ON LOW HEAT - melt butter and add crushed garlic. Next, add cream cheese, shredded parmesan cheese and pumpkin puree until smooth. Finally stir in a dash of nutmeg and Kosher salt.
- The sauce is a bit on the thick side at this point, so add some low sodium chicken stock to thin it out. I use about 3 Tbsp, but this really is a personal preference!
- Add your cooked fettuccine noodles to your sauce, and stir so all of the noodles are generously coated. Serve nice and hot!
Pile your pumpkin fettuccine into a bowl and garnish with extra shredded parmesan cheese and a sprinkle of freshly chopped parsley.