This is party food at its finest. A taco in a bag! Pick any bag of nacho chips you want, and you can turn it into a Mexican food masterpiece. (A tad exaggeration!) But seriously, this is an awesome idea for Cinco de Mayo -- or really any celebration with friends! Then again, you don’t need a reason to celebrate - just make it for yourself and enjoy your bag full of happiness!!
Here's what you need...
- Shredded lettuce, diced tomato, diced green onion, sliced avocado, thinly sliced radishes, fresh corn, lime, chopped up jalapeno peppers & fresh cilantro
- Shredded cheese (Mexican blend)
- Sour cream (light)
- Spanish Rice
- Lean ground beef
Here's how to make it...
- Cook the ground beef using the flavor profile you like best. (I use kosher salt, ground black pepper, white onion (just a little bit), garlic, red pepper flakes and some chili powder.)
- Make Spanish rice (I used a box with the flavor already added).
- Dice, chop and slice all of the fixins!
- Cut off the top of your nacho bag and fill it up with all of the tasty sides.
- Start with the ground beef - and end with the sour cream, salsa and cheese! Or do it however you want! Remember, if you opt for a healthier chip and light sour cream, this is a really healthy and satisfying meal!! Stick a fork in it -- cuz you are done! You will figure out the best way for YOU to eat it! I like to crunch up the chips with my fork, and I add lots of extra lettuce. Mine turns out more like a taco salad in a bag!